3T39

Hello, jlatenight!
You wrote on 9 Sep 2005 13:00:39 -0700:

j Hi! I have a camcorder that I need an AC adapter for, and I found a
j universal AC adapter at BestBuy that should do the trick accept for one
j thing: the voltage needed by the camera is 7.9v at 1.4amps. The
j universal adapter has two voltage settings that are close, but not
j exact. The adapter will supply enough current, so I know I'm fine
j there. One's 6.5v and the next one is 8.4v. So..if it seems to run ok
j at 8.4 volts am I ok?? I mean, do I run the risk of frying my
j Camcorder b/c I'm pumping too much voltage through it? Half a volt
j doesn't seem like a lot, but I thought I'd ask to be safe. The
j instructions for the adapter say "[this device] is fully regulated
j using high efficiency switching technology and features overload and
j short circuit protection."

Be sure to check polarity before connecting up.
There may be an indication of polarity next to the connector. The camera
will work fine at either setting, providing the polarity is correct.

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: