James Sweet

Now, before you say anything, I had tried it several times over a
period of a few weeks and could not get it to do anything, I had tried
adjusting all sorts of things and had even followed the destruction
manual for this type of fault, but could not get it to work. ...
/quote.

So, I suppose time will tell ?

*sigh* tried adjusting things? Why do people *always* fiddle with alll the
adjustments when something breaks? Thankfully LCD's tend not to have
non-user adjustments accessible.

I suspect there's a bad solder joint or other intermittant problem on the
backlight inverter, the problem will crop up again.