Frank J Warner

In article , Abrasha
wrote:

Frank J Warner wrote:
In article .com,
John Fly wrote:

I'm wanting to make some mokueme gane rings.

I'm looking for a wearable mix of metals that will have a good contrast
white/black pattern.

I'm also looking for cheap materials so no gold if any way possible.

ANy suggestions?

This comes to mind:
http://www.titaniumrings.com/

Titanium cannot be bonded with non ferrous metals in a kiln, which is
what is done in the mokume gane process.

Ti and tungsten mokume is available as jewelry. The OP didn't specify
ferrous/nonferrous.

I just saw some interesting mokume done with nickel and copper, from
(old) pennies and 5-cent pieces.

But it's probably not feasible for mokume-gane.

So why do you mention it as a possible solution?

Throwing ideas out at random. The OP can swat them out of the air as
they fly by.

-Frank

--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com