Wilson Wilson is offline
Junior Member

[quote=Wilson]MY DISCLAIMER...THE FOLLOWING POST IS A SLOWER GRINDER "IDEA" ONLY.
I SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR DEATH, INJURIES TO PERSONS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, TOOLS OR FOR INCIDENTAL, FINANCIAL, CONTINGENT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS POSTING.
EVERYONES SKILL LEVELS VARY IF IN DOUBT, DONT USE THIS IDEA!!
IF YOU DONT WANT TO RISK DAMAGING A POWER TOOL/PERSONAL PROPERTY AT YOUR OWN RISK/LIABILITY DO NOT USE THIS IDEA!
PURCHASE A PROFESSIONAL POWER TOOL (GRINDER) DESIGNED TO DO THE JOB CORRECTLY.
I might purchase/use a dirt cheap or junk grinder. I will then remove the grinding wheel & tin wheel guard in full from the motor this might allow for a V belt to be run.
This should allow for 1 grinding wheel to be used with a factory guard & tool rest. You choose which guard to remove left or right. Remenber you do so at your own risk. Dont rush, take your time & think things through carefully.
Next I will place/secure a pulley where the grinding wheel was using the grinding wheel washers & nuts or after market washers.
MY HOPE IS TO PINCH THE PULLEY LIKE A GRINDING WHEEL THUS SAVING MY THREADS.
NOTE..THIS HAS NOT BEEN TESTED YET..IF I DECIDE TO USE THE PULLEY SET SCREW I WILL PROBABLY NEED TO FILE A SMALL FLAT AREA FOR THE SET SCREW. IRREVERSABLE DAMAGE TO THE THREADS WILL OCCUR. YOU WILL NEED TO DECIDE IF YOU PREFER TO USE THE LEFT OR RIGHT GRINDING WHEEL MOST OF THE TIME. (earlier I said a cheap or junk grinder)
I will then find a way to secure the bench grinder & tension a belt driven by a slow 1725 or 1750 ect (you choose the speed as slow as you like) old motor to a solid bench or plywood base. The use of a step pulley on the motor will offer varied speeds. Sweet indeed!
UNPLUG THE REAL BENCH GRINDER MOTOR & ZIP TIE THE CORD! ONLY PLUG IN THE AFTERMARKET/JUNK WASHING MACHINE MOTOR ECT.
DO NOT EXEED THE GRINDING WHEELS MAXIMUM OPERATING SPEED .THE GRINDING WHEEL COULD SHATTER. ALWAYS MAKE GUARDS AS WELL.

GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN