Anna Kettle

Default How to joint plaster ?

Anna,
So do you (or anybody else?!) use hair nowadays?
Just curious!
David

I do indeed. I do quite a lot of repair lime plasterwork work onto
laths and as they are slightly flexible the hair is an important
feature.

I know some plasterers who use hemp instead of hair and I have heard
of fibreglass being used too though I can't imagine it is pleasant to
use but it has the advantage that it doesn't rot if it is left in the
tubs of wet lime mortar so tons of the haired mortar can be made up at
a go. Using hair, I have to add it to the mortar on a daily basis

Anna

Anna
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Plaster conservation and lime plaster repair
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642