Dave Fawthrop

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 01:43:24 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

| TheScullster wrote:
|
| Do you have a link to this requirement please John?
|
| http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...reg_600288.pdf
|
| I have seen people advise the use of fast recovery cylinders, but never
| stipulated as a requirement for Building Regs!
|
| Yup sorry, I might have overstated the requirements slightly, reading
| the detail :
|
| "1.43 For systems incorporating integral or
| separate hot water storage vessels, ways of
| meeting the requirement include:

| overstated the requirements slightly

is the understatement of the year. You posted

| Not really. If you replace it and don't go the combi route, you will
| need to replace the hot water storage cylinder as well with a fast
| recoivery one to comply with the building regs.

Which is outright wrong.

As I am putting a combi system in specifically to get rid of the hot water
cylinder, and have worked out that the smallest combi will provide more
liters per min of hot water than the present system, and more importantly
will provide one bath after another, which the present system struggled
with. I will stay with the combi.

Most DIY domestic combi installations will have the same requirements as
myself.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.