Martin H. Eastburn

The upside is you can move three motors, the one bigger one maybe not.

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Robert Swinney wrote:

Correct. Esp. if you are starting (additional) idlers after the first
one, as Karl has suggested.

Bob Swinney
"Ignoramus965" wrote in message

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 08:12:27 -0500, Robert Swinney
wrote:

As with any RPC, multiple motor RPC's will exhibit sagging voltage
as the
load is increased. Put enough of them on line and voltage drop may
not be
an issue, the same as with single idler motor RPC's.

Can I try to paraphrase what you said? A parallel motor RPC will work
as well as a single motor RPC. A parallel motor RPC would, however, be
easier to spin up than a RPC single motor whose horsepower is the same
as the sum of HPs of motors in the parallel RPCexample. Is that
correct?

The downside of the parallel motor RPC is that three 10 hp motors will
take up more workshop space than one 30 hp motor. That is unless you do
something weird where you have one motor here, another motor here, etc.,
but that wouldn't be for me. I'd find it a pain if I ever wanted to move
to another workshop. A 30 hp motor is actually surprisingly compact -
think of a motor with roughly three times the volume of a 10 hp motor.

Chris