Harold and Susan Vordos

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message

"HC" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had posted this in sci.engr.joining before finding this group, but
I'll be watching both threads, so if you have an answer feel free to
post it here. Thank you.

original post
Hello, I'm in North Texas (about an hour and fifteen minutes

northwest
of Dallas) and I'm having problems sourcing some metal pipe. A

friend
of mine and I are looking to for some pipe to build a barbeque smoker
from and the closest place to us, in Gainesville, TX, only has 24" x
3/8" and it's brand new...$52.00 a foot PLUS torch time. I need a
place that I can buy pipe in sizes 20" to 26" by 1/4" somewhere

nearby,
and I would like it to be used (I don't want to pay a premium for

brand
new pipe, nor do I need the pipe to be certified or pass any

particular
pressure test). I wouldn't mind buying used or inspection-failed
propane tanks if they had the proper wall-thickness.

Can anyone make some suggestions of where I might be able to buy this
stuff?

Thank you for your help.

--HC

a large air compressor tank that has a rusted out bottom.

With a 1/4" wall? Highly unlikely.

Harold

it's for a smoker. looking at one in the store, it's pretty thin and

nowhere
near 1/4".

Understood, but the man asked about a 1/4" wall. I simply didn't want him
to think that's how thick air tanks are. I agree, an air tank, or even an
old large diameter water tank might serve the purpose, assuming he doesn't
really need the 1/4" wall he's talking about. I didn't want to
re-engineer his project, for he may have good reason for the thickness he
requested.

Harold