Default First plane recomendations

I'm thinking of buying a good plane.
I've not used a plane in about 10 years. I want some recomendations for a
reasonably priced plane.

I was first thinking about a stanley plane, but all these numbers and types
of plane are a bit confusing. I just want a general purpose plane (if there
is such a thing).
Also, looking on the price of thes on amazon, they're in the region of £50+
Draper ones are cheaper, any good?

Wickes do one for £15 and one for £20, are these completely useless.

I'd probably also need a good sharpenning stone and guide to sharpen it, and
my chiesels.

What about a power plane. Would it be a good alternative to a hand plane or
is it a completely different tool for a different job.

Thanks.