Nick Brooks

Default What size gap for doorframe ?

Peter Taylor wrote:
"tzd3sw" wrote in message
om...

I'm building a thermalite wall between my garage and what will be a
utility room. This wall will have a door through. What size gap should
I leave for the door and frame ? Is there a standard size ? This will
be a firedoor if it makes any difference.

Standard door widths, 762mm or 838mm. Add 3mm gap + 32mm lining + 5mm tolerance
on each side, so opening in blockwork = 80mm larger than door.
Standard door height = 1981mm. Add 3mm gap + 32mm lining + 5mm tolerance, so
height of opening under lintel needs to be 2021mm above finished floor level.
You could allow a bit extra for carpets etc, or trim the door to clear them
later.

Peter

I'd say AT LEAST 5mm tolerance. MAke sure the opening in the blockwork
is too big because it's easy to pack out the frame.

30" x 78" is still the standard size despite metricification

Nick Brooks