Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mr Fizzion wrote:
I found some old iron pipes that had been left rolling on my dining
room ceiling by a previous plumber. They are far too long to get out
without cutting them or taking up all the floorboards.

I have tried a metal cutting blade on my jigsaw but progress is
*extremely* slow - the pipes are thick walled and very hard.

It will cut easily enough with a hacksaw and a decent high speed blade.
But needs to be properly supported to get the right pressure on it. Could
you clamp it up to the floorboards either side of your opening, etc? It
won't actually be hard but just plain mild steel.

Will an angle grinder with appropriate cutting disk do the job...I
don't actually have an angle grinder otherwise I'd try it. (I've never
used one before)

I'd be worried about sparks etc. And it would still need supporting.

--
*Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.