Battleax

"Roger N" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have an odd shaped kitchen counter that I need to replace. The problem
with the existing counter is that it got wet in sink area and the particle
board swelled up and is falling apart. I already have the formica, glue,
tools, trimmer bit, etc. I'm wanting to replace this counter top and try

prevent this from happening again. Should I use MDF instead of
Particleboard? Should I use a sealer or exterior paint on areas near the
sink not covered by formica?

Thanks!
Roger N.

MDF would be the worst thing to use. Plywood will be better than particle
board, and marine ply even better, but probably not necessary. The key of
course is a good seal between sink and formica.