Dave Hinz

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:37:54 -0400, RWL wrote:

My Subaru's oil drain plug requires a crush washer to seal. I tried
reusing the old washer, but oil dripped out and I wound up having to
buy one anyway. Has anybody found a good substitute that can be
reused, or is at least cheaper than the $1 a washer that Subaru wants
for these.

Saab uses a copper washer. Anneal the sucker every few times and you're
golden.

It's not as though I don't have any ideas - copper washer, O-ring, or
even a couple of wraps of 1/16" solder would probably work, but it's
nice to hear from the voice of experience.

Visit your local Saab dealer. I think the new ones have a rubber seal
in addition to just the copper washer. Pretty sure it's a 13mm I.D.
washer if that works for you.

Dave Hinz