Pete Keillor

I had posted this in sci.engr.joining before finding this group, but
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:20:16 -0500, Wayne Cook
wrote:

On 8 Sep 2005 10:02:52 -0700, "HC" wrote:

snip

Ok. I just came from around back. I have two pieces of 20" pipe. One
is 7' long and has dished end caps on it (it was used as a air tank a
really long time ago), the other is 7' 9" with 3/8" wall. The second
piece is a really nice piece of pipe. The only concern with it is the
fact that it's got a epoxy paint on most of the outside. Past
experience has shown this stuff to be very difficult to get rid of
though this piece doesn't seem to have as thick a coat as some items
I've worked with in the past.

I knew a guy who was allergic to epichlorohydrin due to really sloppy
practices in his younger days. That was why he was a research
scientist in the urethanes dept. instead of the epoxy dept. Every
time we would burn out a die or piece of pipe with epoxy in it in the
fluidized sand bath burn-out furnace, he'd come around rubbing his
eyes, and ask if we were "burning that damned epoxy again". His eyes
would itch like hay fever if we were burning out and he was 1/4 mile
upwind.

Be careful of fumes from burning epoxy.

Pete Keillor

I've also got a piece of 23" pipe which is in a little rougher
condition. It's about 4' long but has a U cut out of one end with only
3' being whole. Lots of other sizes but most are smaller. The 30" pipe
that I've got is 3/8" wall and has 10" coming out the sides. I was a
little off on the measurement there.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm