D. Gerasimatos wrote:

You will never get all of your money back. Think about it. Why would
someone pay you more than you paid for the upgrades after you've lived
in them?

They should pay more since they dont have to do any of the planning and
organizing to make the upgrades happen. It may cost 10k for parts and
labor, but probably 10-20 hours of time scheduling the handyman ,
helping the handyman and making trips to home depot.

So I would expect to get more than 10k back because that is not
including my time spent on the project. What do you think?