Wayne Cook

On 8 Sep 2005 10:02:52 -0700, "HC" wrote:

I had posted this in sci.engr.joining before finding this group, but
I'll be watching both threads, so if you have an answer feel free to
post it here. Thank you.

original post
Hello, I'm in North Texas (about an hour and fifteen minutes northwest
of Dallas) and I'm having problems sourcing some metal pipe. A friend
of mine and I are looking to for some pipe to build a barbeque smoker
from and the closest place to us, in Gainesville, TX, only has 24" x
3/8" and it's brand new...$52.00 a foot PLUS torch time. I need a
place that I can buy pipe in sizes 20" to 26" by 1/4" somewhere nearby,
and I would like it to be used (I don't want to pay a premium for brand
new pipe, nor do I need the pipe to be certified or pass any particular
pressure test). I wouldn't mind buying used or inspection-failed
propane tanks if they had the proper wall-thickness.

Can anyone make some suggestions of where I might be able to buy this
stuff?

I've got a couple of pieces of 30" pipe out back. I believe one is
3' long and the other is 4' but I'd have to verify that. They're used
and each has about a 8" pipe weld flanged into the side at near one
end. I believe they're either 3/8" or 1/2" wall. I'd take $0.20 a lb
for them.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm