Jerry Built

Default How to joint plaster ?

Red Devil wrote:
I am just skimming [ a lath and plaster wall ] using MultiFinish,
but I find that it goes off very quickly,hence restricting me to
small areas. I am applying 2 coats of skim, as I have read posts
that suggest it is not possible to get a good finish with just 1
coat. I am putting on the second coat after the first one has
gone off.

One coat of finish is fine. I expect the problem you have is that
the lime plaster is sucking the multi finish dry very quickly. Is
the plaster you've got in your pail or on your spot board "off"
as quickly as the stuff you've put up? If so, the plaster's *old*.
Try applying a coat or two of diluted PVA (1:5 PVA:water). Let
the first coat dry, skim before the second coat has dried. You
will do best to skim the whole lot in one go, you will get a
better finish.

J.B.