John

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
I found some old iron pipes that had been left rolling on my dining
room ceiling by a previous plumber. They are far too long to get out
without cutting them or taking up all the floorboards.

Thats probably why they are still there!

I have tried a metal cutting blade on my jigsaw but progress is
*extremely* slow - the pipes are thick walled and very hard.

Will an angle grinder with appropriate cutting disk do the job...I
don't actually have an angle grinder otherwise I'd try it. (I've never
used one before)

You will set fire to your house don't do it. You could try a screwdown wheel
cutter but if they aren't doing any harm why not leave them alone?