Cicero

"Peter" wrote in message
I just bought a steam cleaner from Aldi but need some advice on how to
use it. I does come with a sparse pamphlet but that just explains the
buttons, not the technique.

I tried to clean some candlesticks but the old wax refused to melt.

I pointed it at a dirty wall and apart from creating a lot of steam
nothing seemed to happen.

Should I use a brush or something with it? I tried working at the dirt
with the steam in conjunction with a paintbrush and that seemed to do
something, but I can't see what the steam cleaner is supposed to do
over and above that I can do with a damp cloth.

Can anybody make any suggestions, before I return it to the store?

===============
You can't really complain that it's '...not fit for its purpose....' if you
don't what its purpose is so the store would be under no obligation to take
it back.

Basically, they can be used for cleaning almost anything that requires
intricate cleaning where brushes and other cleaning materials can't reach.
For example, cleaning the various crevices on cookers, grouting between
tiles, etc. seem to be amongst the suggested uses. No doubt others will
suggest other uses but whatever you try take care because steam burns can be
very painful

Cic.