Set Square

I'm told the boiler heat exchanger is partly blocked, laeding to the
flame coming out sideways, licking round the edges of the the
combustion chamber. Is there any way to confirm/deny this, as visually
I cant see anything? The exchanger itself is not visible.

Last time I saw it alight through the viewing window, it looked fine,
with rows of neat upright blue flames.

thank you,
NT

What colour are the flames - are they still blue - or are they yellow? If
the latter, there could be some crud in the burner rail, interfering with
the proper gas/air mixture.

Otherwise, it sounds as if either the heat exchanger is sooted up, or
there's a problem with the flue. What boiler is it?
--
Cheers,
Set Square