Richard Conway

Deville wrote:
I've got the bath panel off and after some WD-40 action the inline
stopcocks under the bath taps work. Is replacing the bath taps as
easy as it looks? Should I use plumber's tape for the threads?

Thnx in advance.

Not really, the seal is made between the tap and the tap connector by
the fibre washer - it might be worth replacing the washers though:

Other than that, the hardest part is actually getting to the taps to do
up the back nuts and the nuts tap connectors - a basin wrench such as:

Can be helpful if space is tight.

It isn't a hard job - just fiddly - certainly requires no skill.