Rob Morley

In article , "S=E9an=
=20
Connolly" mrcATseanDASHconnollyDOTcoDOTuk says...
I know if I was going to do this I would solidly secure a dust sheet to=

=20
the
ceilng in a four corner arrangement and knock the corners into the dust
sheet via the loft if permitting, this would then lessen the clearing u=

process and dust and make it more easy. :-)

=20
=20
I was thinking along these lines, but having the sheet on the floor. I=

=20
presume you basically go in the loft, roll back the insulation and kick t=

he=20
ceiling out, having previously figured out where it actually is from abov=

e!=20
=20

By far the best way - otherwise you're standing under it as you pull it=20
down. You'll still have to remove some bits of lath and nails from=20
below, but most of the plaster will be gone by then. Most of the nails=20
will probably come out with a hammer and bolster rather than using=20
pincers or a claw hammer on each one, and any broken ones can just be=20
hammered flat. You will probably be surprised at how much rubble you=20
have created.