Rob Morley

In article ,
"Andrew" - says...

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
Rob Morley wrote:
In article ,
"Andrew" - says...

Just had the exterior of a Victorian house repainted/re-rendered. The

solid
walls
are about 450mm thick. There was penetrating damp on some of the inside
wall.

Unless you rendered with lime mortar and painted with a porous paint it
quite possibly won't go away at all.

I'm sure the OP will be pleased to hear that! Unless he runs a laundry
and has no heating, I'm sure the damp will dry out just fine since it
will presumably no longer be pouring through from outside.

Mention damp and period buildings on the internet and you can guarantee an
instant if-it's-not-lime-your-doomed response.

I was surprised I was the only one - someone has to do it, it's
traditional :-)