:::Jerry:::: wrote:
"Huge" wrote in message
snip

I didn't see the original posting, but IME deep discharging a car
battery, by allowing a current drain of 200mA for a couple of

weeks,
for example, kills them stone dead. No matter if they're new or

not.

Well, considering that in my trade cars can be sitting around some
weeks (whilst claimants, loss adjusters and anyone else do their
work) if you were correct we would be fitting many more new batteries
than we do...

The batteries on my Cosworth used to last until the first time we

went
on holiday and left the car to stand for a week or two, after which

the
battery would not hold a charge.

Hell, cars sit around dealers yards longer than that...

See
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/.../02/ixmot.html

for the story of what happened to one guy trying to jump start his DB7
which drains it's battery if left for more than a few days. S short
quote "Many Astons have starting problems. Their electrical systems
drain a 12-volt battery if left for more than a few days, and only the
newest ones have a sleep mode. In four years of DB7 ownership I have
got through three batteries".

MBQ