Duane Bozarth

Dave Hinz wrote:

You'd have to do some sort of "If you don't get it out of here in a
month, I'm going to keep the money _and_ the merchandise" though,
wouldn't you? Otherwise you're just being someone else's warehouse?

Sure, that's a pretty standard condition on such sales. The magnitude
of the problem is normally pretty much inverse to the value of the
object and directly in proportion to the difficulty in shipping.

Come to think of it, I have a nice several ton boulder that someone gave
me 50 bucks for and was going to pick up "as soon as I can". It's been
there about 3 years now, sold, but here.

Yep, as I noted above...

After Dad had the farm retirement auction there were several items which
were never picked up. A set of drills were eventually sold a second
time. A neighbor bout a 5000-bu Butler grain that's still here about 10
yrs later (and counting). Of course, w/ this particular neighbor, we
were all chuckling at the time, knowing the probability of the move
ever taking place.

I bought a 40-ft JLG boom-lift that way. The broker put me in touch w/
a trucking outfit he used and they got it from Chicago area to SW KS for
$800. Weighs 15,000 lb.

That's not bad, at all.

Particularly since there was an agreed on $600 allowance in the bid
price and the broker agreed to pick up the difference if over that.
And, the actual lift bid price was about $5k and it has functioned very
well for the four years I've had it so far...needed a head gasket when I
got it but w/ those little Wisconsin air-cooled engines that is a
trivial repair at moderate cost.