Dave Hinz

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:50:11 -0500, Duane Bozarth wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

OK, but how the heck can you sell _lumber_ on eBay? I can't imagine the
shipping nightmares involved in anything other than local pickup. How?

UPS takes almost anything as long as it's in the overall dimensions.
I've seen a lot of small, specialty woods, etc., that wouldn't be hard
to ship, very little "_lumber_", at least by individuals.

Gotcha.

Some folks, particularly on the wholesale side auctions, put things up
where all shipping is responsibility of purchaser. All the seller does
is make it available for pickup by the shipper.

You'd have to do some sort of "If you don't get it out of here in a
month, I'm going to keep the money _and_ the merchandise" though,
wouldn't you? Otherwise you're just being someone else's warehouse?

Come to think of it, I have a nice several ton boulder that someone gave
me 50 bucks for and was going to pick up "as soon as I can". It's been
there about 3 years now, sold, but here.

I bought a 40-ft JLG boom-lift that way. The broker put me in touch w/
a trucking outfit he used and they got it from Chicago area to SW KS for
$800. Weighs 15,000 lb.

That's not bad, at all.