Christopher Tidy

Ignoramus965 wrote:
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:47:07 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy wrote:

Ignoramus965 wrote:

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:16:34 GMT, Karl Townsend wrote:

If I was to run a serious 3 phase welder, I would need to increase the
capacity of my RPC. My own thought is to add two more 10 HP idlers (at
very little cost). They would be switched on (if necessary), one after
another, after the first idler properly spins up. Once they are
running, I could turn on the load. That's better than one 30 HP idler
because

I have done this extact thing for my 25 hp. Mazak lathe. I used a 15 hp and
a 20 hp. idler motor. The first motor starts with start caps. After the
start caps drop out, a delay timer (set to 3 seconds) brings in the second
motor. Has worked great for two years now.

Wow, a 25 hp lathe is huge! What are the dimensions of that thing?

I saw it on his webpage, it is a real monster.

Cool. Do you have the address?

Chris