Norman Billingham

"Séan Connolly" mrcATseanDASHconnollyDOTcoDOTuk wrote in message
Whats the easist way ro remove a Lath & Plaster ceiling ? To be exact,
how to remove the plaster as I want to keep the lath to put the
plasterboard on.

Allthough its cracked and water damaged it still seems pretty robust in
places and attacking it with a hammer is going to take ages to get it all
down.

Actually I have one wall that is lath and plaster as well (basically a
partition wall), on which the plaster is pretty shagged. Would the same
apply, just remove the whole lot and put up a new partition wall ?

Don't undersetimate the amount of dirt and dust involved. Open the windows,
seal the door and wear a good respirator. No matter how much dirt and dust
you expect, there will be more. Its one of the filthiest jobs there is.