T i m

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 23:26:59 +0100, Ed Sirett
wrote:

An open circuit voltage of 25mV would indicate a working t/couple.

That's what I think I discovered when I compared old with new? I
thought I was going to see a vast difference (considering how old it
could have been) but apparently not?

The gas valve solenoid+t/couple might typically total 1 Ohm thus giving
about 25mA current.

If there is some doubt about the t/couple and it gives 25mV when heated,
I'd reckon on it being OK.

As I mentioned on the OP, the results were intermittent with the pilot
staying on for 10 mins (before we did summat that upset it) or not at
all?

In hindsight I don't like the condition of the spade connectors
between the thermocouple and the overtemp stat (something I can
resolve when making the new longer cables to fit the 'different
design' replacement thermocouple that I have tacked in (and and seems
to work?)).

I might even pop the origional one back in and see what happens (it's
all easy to get at).

All the best ..

T i m