Bill

Default How to joint plaster ?

In message , Peter Taylor
writes
Red Devil wrote

I am just about to attempt to have a first go at plastering a fairly large
lath & plaster wall.

Are you really going to replaster over the laths? That's OK if you have a
historic property and you want to restore it in the traditional way, but for
anything else it would be *much* less work to remove the laths and fix
plasterboard and just skim over that.

When I had a similar situation my plasterer, I know I should have DIY'd
it, found the supporting frame work through the plaster and lath and
screwed plaster board on and skimmed it. I lost maybe 1/2" of the room
but it was much cleaner than removing the old plaster, but not as much
fun, and probably added a bit more thermal insulation too.

--
Bill