Eric R Snow

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 18:51:51 -0400, Steve Spence
wrote:

maybe in your community, but not in mine. I wired my whole house, panels
and entrance. The power company only dropped to the meter on the pole.
that was the end of it. I did the rest.

Steve Spence
Dir., Green Trust, http://www.green-trust.org
Contributing Editor, http://www.off-grid.net
http://www.rebelwolf.com/essn.html

ATP* wrote:

I've seen plenty of simpler electrical jobs screwed up or just poorly
executed by people with more than a bit of sense. In any case, it has to be
listed and inspected per the local utility regulations.

ATP* wrote:

Not a DIY job. Get a UL listed transfer switch, have a licensed
electrician install it and get it inspected.

In Washington state you are allowed to wire your own house. It then
must pass inspection. After that you must live in it for five years
before you can sell it. This is done to prevent bad wiring done by
people who are building spec homes. Not that everybody who builds a
spec home is going to do a bad job. Just that some people will skimp
and not use qualified people to do the wiring.
ERS