Fred McKenzie

In article , "Ron(UK)"
wrote:

I would guess whatever plasticiser is used to keep the rubber pliable
leaches out eventually - that`s presuming it`s not just pure rubber -
even neophrene belts and rollers dry out eventually.

Ron-

That is my understanding of how the rollers stop working. The plasticizer
is absorbed by the paper.

Another approach is to apply a plasticizer to the rollers, replacing that
which has leached out. Some chemicals used to restore plastic dashboards
and seat covers in cars, as well as to shine-up tires, may be such a
plasticizer, and should work to rejuvenate printer rollers.

Fred