G Henslee

FACE wrote:
Does anyone know a good way to get dried house paint out of the bristles of
a synthetic house brush?

I hate to say it is my favorite brush and i have allowed house paint to dry
into the deep bristles so it is no longer supple.

I have been painting on the house about an hour a day for the past month. I
have been keeping the brush after use in plastic bags and then closed into
an empty paint can with a few drops of water in the bottom out of the sun
but I have ended up with drying in the deep bristles anyway. I know that
the things are not that expensive but the newer ones do not appear to have
the bristle "bulk" of this one, so saving it actually is my aim here.

I put it through the wash cycle of the washing machine twice yesterday with
detergent but that did not seem to work either.

Thanks

FACE

For this condition, I've successfully used white vinegar to soak brushes
overnight before.