mike ring

Default Toilet Cistern Siphon not working

Mark Williams ] wrote in
:

The water regulations say that there should be a servicing valve close
to the cistern. If you haven't already got one and decide to call in
a plumber, you might like to consider having one fitted in readiness
for next time (hopefully in the distant future).

The professional builders who did my bathroom put one quite close to the
cistern. It's a compression fitting.

They then boarded over it and tiled over that; it looked very nice.

As the main stopcock was also within 2 ft of the bog I didn't notice the
lack of an isolater, but several years later the lino men must have moved
it a bit.

A couple of weeks after that I started to look for the slow leak that was
oozing under the new lino.......

Always use a professional

mike