Jon Anderson

1.) Do the inserts glue or braze on? I didn't see anyplace for a screw.

Screw is in the center of the insert.

2.) Being round...is the cutting edge of the inserts 360 degree
rotatable...for a cutting edge around the entire surface?

Yes, one of the reasons I wanted them. Loosen the screw, rotate insert a
bit, carry on.

3.) Are these things a better roughing cutter than they are for finish
work?

Only did a test cut last night, picking the one with the best insert.
Looking at the geometry, I'm not sure just how much roughing they will
take, but they sure give a nice finish. For a less than new insert, I
sure got a dang decent finish.

My interest wasn't for roughing however, I like the near full circle of
the body. These are very well balanced. Ran the big one up to 3400 rpm
and no noticeable vibration at all. Sure wouldn't try that with the type
that use brazed lathe bits!

The single insert almost insures a great finish. With multiple insert
cutters, if one insert sits even a tenth lower than the others, you can
see it in the finish.

Jon