Ford Prefect

Rod Speed again=Plonk!

BRD wrote:

Ford Prefect wrote:

SMS wrote:

TonyB wrote:

and expect it to last the life of the vehicle.

Usual utterly mindless sales bull****. Note that they dont say
anything about what that 'life of the vehicle' involves time wise.

It's always amusing to see the "lasts the life of the vehicle"
statements by automakers. Yep, when the battery dies, the life of the
vehicle is over, and the battery lasted the life of the vehicle. As
Toyota stated regarding the RAV 4 EV, "The cost to replace the
battery is more than the value of the vehicle." We've seen similar
idiotic statements from automakers regarding other components, i.e.
Saturn timing chains, which, when they break, usually mark the end
of the vehicle ('see, we told you that the timing chain would last
the life of the vehicle!').

With a hybrid, you really have to be measuring fuel economy over the
long term to know when the battery capacity has diminished to the
point where it's no longer contributing to the fuel economy.

In regards to the Rav 4 EV battery issue it was not that the batteries
were worn out, but that the government mandated they had to be
replaced when they could only reach 80% of their former capacity.

Another lie.

That would be like forcing people to replace the engines in their conventional
cars when gas mileage decreased 20% due to wear and tear etc.

Pity its another lie.