Charles Middleton

Default Dishwasher Waste Length

Hi,

Currently in the planning stages of my new kitchen. Im planning to
install a dishwasher but the only place I can relocate it is quite a
distance from the current drain outlet.

Ive got a U-shaped kitchen and the dishwaster would need to be situated
opposite the sink. The sink currently has the washing machine under the
drainer and this plumbs easily into the waste from the sink.

The waste pipe run from the proposed dishwasher location would be
around 3.5mtrs to 4mtrs. So, questions a

- Can the dishwasher pump water out?

- Could I set up a waste pipe behind kitchen units to connect into the
main waste?

- Presumably this pipe would need to have a drop on it of x amount over
its distance?

- Could the dishwaster effectively 'lift' water from its drain up to
the level of this pipe to allow it to then run (via gravity) to the
main drain?

- Would all of my wastes (sink, washing machine, dishwasher) connect
into one u-bend or is it acceptable to have more than one?

Thanks in advance,

CM.