Tom Jacobs

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

According to Jon Anderson :
I bought a set of flycutters on ebay, and I'm pretty sure these are the
ones for which a company posted a special here a year or two ago.
Thought I'd saved that post and/or URL, but cannot fine either.
Does anyone recognize these flycutters and have the URL? Need to buy
some inserts. Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7540118752&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Hi,

These look as though they are a bit tapered to me, although
my eyes are a bit dodgy. I remember reading an article in an old
edition of Model Engineering Workshop, where a contributor
described a simple way of making these from tool steel by tapering
and parting off several from the correct size rod. It looked
effective.
Might work for you.

Regards

Tom.