Canadian Tire usually has this stuff in stock, it claims it's pure

http://www.mothers.com/products/prod...5701-05500.jpg

carnauba wax (which is what you should be using on your car too... and
it's time to start thinking about winterizing it, starting with a good
wax job)... I get the stuff in the can, not the bottle. It smells
great too.

PB wrote:
Thanks Luigi, I went to Canadian Tire and asked the person working in the
hardware section. This is what he told me. "We sell a silicone based product
that protects and make the wood slide easier." He was surprised when I told
him that silicone stains wood.

I will try Lee Valley even though they are in Ottawa. At least I won't have
to deal with rediculous shipping from the US and the damn duties.

Thanks again and thanks to everyone that helped with my question.

Patrick

"Luigi Zanasi" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:16:46 -0400, "PB" scribbled:

I read a few places that I need to sand with fine grit sandpaper and then
use wax to protect the surface. Problem is that all the products I read
about are not available in Canada. SC Johnson's Paste Wax and Butchers
Paste
Wax.
Anyone in Canada can suggest a product I can use to protect the surface of
my table saw?

Lee Valley has Topcote & Boeshield which I've seen recommended here on
the wreck many times.
Topcote:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...415,43440&ap=1

Boeshield:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...415,43440&ap=1

Crappy Tire also has pure Carnauba wax in their automobile finish
area. That should also work. They might also have other products, but
I think you know enough not to use anything with silicone in it as it
can screw up wood finishing. So don't use turtle wax or other

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html