DoN. Nichols wrote:

Now -- another factor comes into the game here. The power
factor correction is only good for a single level of load. As you
increase or reduce the load level, the power factor will be somewhat
less well corrected.

My opinion is that it would be better to correct the power
factor to save wear and tear on your breakers and wiring -- *and* heat
buildup in the idler motor as well.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Don,
I would disagree with you here. I think the power factor correction is
good for correcting the imaginary current. And the imaginary current
does not change with load. The real current changes with load.

I am open to any arguments you have on why the imaginary current would
change with load. I do agree the power factor changes with load, but
only because the real current changes, not because the imaginary
current changes.

Dan