Brad

Ford Prefect wrote:
Matthew Beasley wrote:

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

Per Dave C.:

How many low-end cars last 10 years/150,000 miles?

My daily commuter is a '96 metro with 188k miles. Beyond the normal
service, the only thing I have replaced has been a timing belt
(might be consider normal service, I caught it before it broke),
idle control motor (from a junkyard), broken turn signal light (hit
a dog), and a wiper bushing. It used to get 42 mpg, but now I get
about 38. I am ready to replace it at any time, but as long as it keeps going
without expensive maintenance, I will keep using it. I have my eye
on the all wheel drive Subaru to replace it because they do pretty
dang good in the occasional snow we get and still have good mileage.

The best long term mileage I've received in a Japanese car was with a
Nissan Sentra with a five speed automatic, it died at 156,000 miles.

You keep killing cars ? Your problem.

The funny thing is when I picked up some interior trim parts at the
wreckers (when the poor dear thing had 105,000 on her) every one of
the Sentras they had in there had between 151,000- 158,000 miles on
it. I kept a close watch on the car after it hit 150,000, sure it was
going to die on me any day ;~

Pathetic, really.