Matt Whiting

User Example wrote:

Steve B. wrote:

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:24:01 -0500, "Greg O"
wrote:

"Steve B." wrote in message

So far the Prius is holding value very well. BUT.. that same Prius
is going to need a very expensive battery replacement in a few years
time. We are talking thousands of dollars.

Yep, what do you think a ten year old Prius needing batteries is
worth! Not much is my bet!
Greg

I don't think it will be anywhere near ten years. Most things I own
with rechargeable batteries show noticeable loss of power after three
years and have to be replaced by five years. I could be all wet on
this subject, just would not be willing to gamble my money on it.

Steve B.

You could be right but the warranty for the batteries is 10 years from
what I understand.

I was at a Toyota dealer on Saturday and was told 8 years or 100,000 miles.

Matt