mark

Default Makita 8433 Combi Cordless 14v or 18v

In message , Quddus
writes
Hello All,

After purchasing a Makita SDS drill I am very impressed with the
quality of the product and it has spurred me to replace my 18v B&D
firestorm? cordless. The chuck on the B&D is useless and comes undone
easily and the battery life is too short It also whines and is far too
loud

Having looked at what?s available and reading some of the previous
messages I have finally decided on the Makita 8433 series.

I have found Lawson HIS to have the cheapest prices so far at £247 for
the 18v and £188 (offer runs out on 21st June) for the 14.4v inc vat
and delivery.

The difference in torque is 45nm and 38nm. Anyone who is lucky enough
to own one of these please comment on the differences between the
14.4v and 18v models.

1. How long is the battery life per charge? And is the torque
difference a big deal.

2. I don?t know what the torque is on my B&D 18v but it is adequate
for the jobs I?ve thrown at it. I've also had a Performance power 14v
and that did not have enough torque for some jobs I gave it to do.
Therefore I?m wondering whether I need to go for the 18v Makita
instead of the 14.4v.

If anyone has bought one recently then please comment on what
persuaded you between the 18v/14v/12v models (apart from the price)

I have the 18v.
Recently did a job where we spent all day chiselling out 6" x 5" x 4"
pockets in a 16" x 12" oak beam. Marked out the pockets drilled just
inside the line with a 1/2" auger bit and chiselled out with a wood
chisel fitted in a Dewalt 2kg sds.
Makita didn't even slow down and 3 batteries lasted all day.
I can't believe anyone could complain about them.

Anyone got a 712 dewalt scms? Mine arrives soon..........

P.S. Dewalt 2kg sds. I like Makita and I have tried to kill the dewalt
in order to smugly return it to my BM and replace it with a Makita. But
it's doing fine
--
mark