Robert

Thanks for all your replies.

It *looks* like they got to the end of the job and ran out of
laminate and bodged some of it with an off cut. An inch gap is being
charitable actually It varies down the wall from aout .5inches to 2
inches with a bit spliced in at an angle. The rest of the room
actually looks quite good which is why I am not keen on redoing the
whole room. I suspect it has been down quite a few years, 5+ maybe and
is in good condition apart from the laughable edge.

I suspect we will cover the area with furniture of some kind but would
like to at least make it look respectable first. I quite like the
idea of cork or some other laminate down the edge and I'll look in B&Q
to see if they have something similar.

I can try and take a picture if it would amuse?
--

Rob Chafer
Silverfrost