Pete C

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:12:17 +0100, Ed Sirett
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:58:16 +0000, Ian Stirling wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:

Q1. What is a Calcium version of a Lead Acid battery?
Q2. Other than my experience is it true that they are less robust (to deep

Car batteries of any sort may die due to deep discharge - the plates can
buckle and short.
Calcium is an alloying element added.

Point taken, but this was hardly an old battery, nor a high current
drain. My feeling is that a normal would not likely have dies so easily.
Or is that just my irritation talking?

Hi,

Might be worth checking the tension on the fan belt, if the battery
has been working at a low state of charge it won't do it any good.

cheers,
Pete.