T i m

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:35:35 GMT, (s--p--o--n--i--x)
wrote:

Also bear in mind that there are, in effect, juncions between the
meter probes and the thermocouple itself.

True, but I had the meter clipped to the very end of the thermocouple,
the probe end of the thermocouple in the gas hob flame and was holding
the middle bit with my hand (and I'm not a woman so don't have
asbestos fingers!) ;-)

I did measure both a few times and there were some small voltage
variations depending how hot you got the probe. It seemed to balance
out as long as you left it in the flame for a reasonable time (say ~20
seconds).

All the best ..

T i m