Ron(UK)

Darmok wrote:

Long ago, in the days of the VCR, I had need of a substance/liquid
which would restore the myriad of rollers inside a VCR. Just so
happens that the local electronics shop carried a kit, which included
a 1 oz bottle of "Rubber Cleaner Revitalizer" and several foam tipped
applicators on long plastic sticks, with applicators on both ends,
angled differently to get into difficult places. I was skeptical, but
tried it, and it worked great. It also works great on my HP pickup
rollers ... anything rubber. The label on it says:

PRB Line
Rubber Cleaner Revitalizer
Part # RCR-21
Manufactured for Projector Recorder Belt
Whitewater, Wisconsin

Caution: irritating vapor .. use with ventilation. Harmful if
swallowed

Not a chemist, so can't tell you what's in it, but perhaps you might
be able to find something like this. I got this stuff ages ago, so
doubt its still being made (do they make VCRs anymore?)

Bill, KB8EB

I used to have a bottle of 'rubber belt rejuvenator', It worked very
well on vcr pinchrollers and the like. The wholesalers stopped selling
it as they said it was classed as hazardous.
At the time my next door neighbour was a chemist, he took a sniff and
pronounced it xylene, Hazardous when inhaled, and disolves many plastics.

Ron (UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system