Daniel H

Default TopCote - how is the metal surface supposed to be after treatment? mine is slightly sticky

Hi,

Question - do you find that your metal surfaces sprayed with TopCote
end up being slightly sticky to the touch?

I spray a wee bit on, it dries with a slight white haze, and then I rub
it gently with a paper towel. when I grab those metal surfaces
afterwards (sides of plane body), the surfaces feel slightly sticky and
get my fingerprints easily (and I have try hands). My chisels actually
take on a slight blueish tint after being sprayed.

(I've done websearches and they say that TopCote is supposed to reduce
friction. I assume this means the metal should remain somewhat
slippery.)

Thanks!

- Daniel H