Duane Bozarth

BillyBob wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
.. .
In article dhaTe.2613$nq.2195@lakeread05, "Jason Quick"

wrote:
This just seems a bit....ridiculous...

http://tinyurl.com/8we9r

Two book-matched pieces over ten inches wide, going for $9 per board foot

doesn't seem *that* unreasonable to me.

When I checked the bid it was $90.99. I calculate 7.25 finished BF, so the
price is $12.57 BF and that does not include shipping. That's way higher
than what I could get it for in Houston at a local supplier. I know pricing
varies around the country (and the world), but I would not expect Illinois
to be that much out of line.

What's out of line about a bid? Many items at auction bring far more
than they would on the open market--that's one reason people use
auctions.