Jon Grimm

We tend to overkill everything we make, as a failure is often inconvenient,
at best.

I'm with Grant, get a piece of 1/4" wall

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Jeez, if it were MY bike on a trailer hitch thingy like that, I'd for sure
use 1/4" wall! How much more can it cost?

GWE

wallster wrote:
alright geniuses, (i actually mean that) I'm welding up a dirt bike
carrier for the jeep and the hot rolled, mild steel 2" square tubing
(that goes into the receiver) has a wall thickness of .125"
Without getting too detailed (because there will be two stabilyzing
tongues as well, then there's the length of the tube, weight of the
bike, etc) but how much force (or weight) APPROX. does it take to bend
a piece of this stuff? The details that i do have: the bike platform
weighs about 30lbs, and the bike weighs about 215lbs. (length from
reciever to channel is 30")

thanks
walt

example of what the hell i'm talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4572979149